Updated: December 9, 2015
This Policy describes the types of information that we may collect from you or that you may provide to us when you visit and use any of our websites (including boopsie.com), products and services. In particular, this Policy applies to information that we collect:
- On or through our websites, products and services;
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and us;
- Through mobile and desktop applications that you download from us; and/or
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if such applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our websites, products or services.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, then your choice is not to use our websites, products or services. By accessing or using our websites, products or services, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of our websites, products or services after we make changes to this Policy is deemed to be acceptance of such changes, so please check this Policy periodically for updates.
If you have any questions about this Policy, then please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com or write to us at the following address:
157 S. Murphy Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Children Under the Age of 13
No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to or through our websites, products or services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use or provide any information through our websites, products or services or on or through any related features, register on our websites, products or services, make any purchases through our websites, products or services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our websites, products or services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete such information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information That We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our websites, products and services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal informationstrong>”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment that you use to access our websites, products and services and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through or use our websites, products and services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies; and/or
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information That You Provide to Us.
The information that we collect on or through our websites, products and services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on or through our websites, products or services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our websites, products or services, subscribing to our websites, products or services, or posting material to or requesting further products or services through our websites, products or services. We also may ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and/or when you report a problem with our websites, products or services;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete;
- Details of transactions that you carry out through our websites, products or services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our websites, products or services; and/or
- Your search queries on or through our websites, products or services.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of our websites, products or services, or transmitted to other users of our websites, products or services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our websites, products or services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information That We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our websites, products and services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to or use of our websites, products or services, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through our websites, products and services; and/or
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Contact us at email@example.com for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information that we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our websites, products and services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our websites, products and services according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and/or
- Recognize you when you return to our websites, products and services.
The technologies that we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our websites, products or services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our websites, products or services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Our websites, products and services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, then you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our websites, products and services and related content to you;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription, as applicable, including expiration and renewal notices;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our websites, products or services or that we offer or provide;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our websites, products or services;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and/or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, then please discontinue using the services). For more information, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about users is among the assets transferred;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or deleting your account.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent to you a promotional e-mail, you may send to us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the applicable websites, products or services, visiting your account profile page, sending an email to email@example.com or deleting your account.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Deletion of your personal information may also delete your user account, as applicable. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our websites, products or services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at:
157 S. Murphy Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our websites, products or services, you are responsible for keeping such password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our websites, products or services, like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our websites, products or services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through our websites, products or services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on or in our websites, products or services.
It is our policy to post any changes that we make to this Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through a notice on our home page. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of this page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting this Policy to check for any changes.